New Hope Chimney Cap
While many New Hope, NJ homeowners don’t know it, a New Hope chimney cap plays an important role in your home’s chimney system. If your home doesn’t already have one, here are some of the top why may want to should think about installing a New Hope chimney cap.
Reasons to Install a New Hope Chimney Cap
- Reduces moisture: A New Hope chimney cap will keep rain water from coming down your home’s chimney. Rain water can damage chimneys with stainless steel liners, chimney dampers and chimney mortar joints. Beyond the damage from the water itself, moisture from rain water can produce mold and mildew which can be harmful for humans and pets.
- Keeps animals out: Animals like birds, raccoons and squirrels often try to make their homes within chimneys. In many cases, these critters will enter the chimney but won’t be able to exit, eventually dying. This can produce maggots, flies and putrid odors in your home. A properly sized and professionally installed New Hope chimney cap will prevent animals from being able to enter the chimney.
- Blocks downdrafts: If the wind is blowing in a certain direction, it can introduce a downdraft. If you don’t have a New Hope chimney cap and you’re using a wood-burning fireplace at the time, a wind-induced downdraft has the potential of blowing smoke back into your home. The flat-shaped top of a chimney cap is designed to help prevent wind-induced downdrafts.
- Stops sparks and embers: Some people refer to chimney caps as spark arrestors, which means that the chimney cap helps prevent lit embers or sparks that travel up the chimney from landing on roof, possibly catching it on fire.
- Prevents debris build-up: Leaves, branches, twigs and other debris can enter a chimney and build up if a chimney cap is not in place.
Looking To Install a New Hope Chimney Cap in Your Home?
St. John Chimney Sweeps has been providing satisfied home owners with Mercer County Chimney repair services for decades. We take pride in providing our valued customers with our 100% satisfaction no-mess guarantee. Many of our quality products have a lifetime warranty. We are honest family owned company that always gives thorough explanations before we do any work. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG). Call now for a free estimate at: (609) 737-0133 or visit our website.
NJ Chimney Repair
Mercer County Chimney Sweep
Related NJ Chimney Sweep Posts:
Pennington Chimney Sweep
Mercer County Chimney Repair Service
Pennington Chimney Masonry Repair
Princeton Chimney Repair