Hightstown Chimney Sweep
Hiring a Hightstown chimney sweep is something that most homeowners never think to do. However, there are a lot of dangers that can rise if you neglect your NJ chimney. Let’s say you don’t remember when the last time your chimney was checked, assessed or swept. Or maybe it has never been swept. What are some of the telltale signs it’s time to hire a professional Hightstown chimney sweep? Let’s take a look:
Signs You Need a Hightstown Chimney Sweep
- Dirt and deposits building up in your fireplace. Once there is a minimum of a quarter inch of soot built up in your fireplace, you know that the time has come to call an expert Hightstown chimney sweep for an assessment. Dirty chimneys are responsible for many house fires each year. Residue that collects inside the chimney is flammable and dangerous if left alone, potentially even causing cracks in the bricks and cement around it.
- Strange smells. If you begin to smell strange things when you turn on the furnace, your chimney may not be ventilating. For heating systems to ventilate properly, they need access to the air through your chimney. If it’s too dirty, proper ventilation doesn’t occur and odors begin to build up in the home.
- Colder weather is approaching and you haven’t had a yearly chimney inspection. People tend to use their indoor fireplaces a lot more during colder months, and the furnace is usually working overtime as well. For both of these reasons, it’s a good idea to get your chimney professionally checked by a Hightstown chimney sweep well before the cold weather hits. This will make sure that your air quality, ventilation and heating capabilities are optimal for winter.
- Your fireplace is old and decrepit. Whether you’ve just purchased a home and aren’t sure about the fireplace, or just haven’t given your fireplace the time of day for a year or two, that old and decrepit appearance is a good reason to bring in a professional Hightstown chimney sweep for a thorough chimney inspection and sweep. This will also allow you to identify other issues, such as missing mortar or other structural damage to your aging chimney.
- You rarely use your fireplace. Even if you rarely use the beautiful fireplace in your home, you should still plan to have it checked once a year. Doing so will keep your home safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Looking for a Qualified Hightstown Chimney Sweep?
St. John Chimney Sweeps has been providing satisfied home owners with Mercer County Chimney repair services for decades. We take pride in providing our valued customers with our 100% satisfaction no-mess guarantee. Many of our quality products have a lifetime warranty. We are honest family owned company that always gives thorough explanations before we do any work. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG). Call now for a free estimate at: (609) 737-0133 or visit our website.
NJ Chimney Sweep
Mercer County Chimney Sweep
Related NJ Chimney Sweep Posts:
Mercer County Chimney Repair Service
Pennington Chimney Masonry Repair