If you are a homeowner living in the Hopewell NJ area, Hiring a Hopewell chimney sweep is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your roof and house. If you neglect your NJ chimney, you run the risk of many complications that range from roof damage to rodents living in your house to losing everything in a fire. If you can’t seem to remember the last time you had your chimney inspected or swept, or if it has been a long time, now is the perfect time to schedule a specialist to come and inspect your chimney. Today we will be looking at some signs that your chimney is in need of chimney sweep services.
Signs You Need Hopewell Chimney Sweep Services
- Soot is building up inside your fireplace. It is normal for some soot to be in your fireplace. However, any accumulation over 1/4 of an inch can be dangerous. You need to call an expert Hopewell chimney sweep for an assessment of you notice an excess buildup because buildup in the fireplace means there is buildup in the chimney too. Countless house fires are started because of excess soot buildup every year. The residue that builds up inside the chimney is highly flammable and it is very dangerous to leave it inside your chimney.
- Strong unpleasant smells from your fireplace. If you start to notice strange powerful smells when you turn on the furnace or light a fire, your chimney may be clogged. Most furnaces require access to the chimney to properly ventilate. If it becomes blocked, the fumes can seem into your house. Not only does this smell bad but it can also lead to health problems including carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Winter is near and you haven’t had your chimney inspected. Individuals generally utilize their chimneys during the colder months. The increased use results in more soot buildup. Because of this, the smartest thing to do is to get your chimney inspected by a Hopewell chimney sweep well before the cold weather arrives. This will ensure that your winter is warm and safe!
- Your fireplace is visually worn out. Regardless of whether you’ve just purchased a home and aren’t sure about the fireplace, or just haven’t given your fireplace the time of day for a year or two, if your fire place looks old a unsafe, it is best to contact a Hopewell chimney sweep to an inspection. It is always better to be safe than sorry. This will also allow you to identify other issues, such as missing mortar or other structural damage to your aging chimney.
- You don’t use your fireplace very often. Just because you don’t use your chimney very often doesn’t mean you can get away with neglecting it. You should always schedule maintenance once a year to keep your home safe, cleaner and fire-free.
Looking for a Qualified Hopewell Chimney Sweep?
If your looking for a trustworthy and reliable Hopewell Chimney Sweep, look no further than St. John Chimney Sweeps. St Johns has provided numerous home owners with Hopewell Chimney repair services over the past few decades. We take pride in providing our valued customers with our 100% satisfaction no-mess guarantee. Many of our quality products have a lifetime warranty. We are honest family owned company that always gives thorough explanations before we do any work. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG). Call now for a free estimate at: (609) 737-0133 or visit our website.
NJ Chimney Sweep
Mercer County Chimney Sweep
Related NJ Chimney Sweep Posts:
Mercer County Chimney Repair Service
Pennington Chimney Masonry Repair