Robbinsville Chimney Inspections
Mercer County NJ homeowners rarely think about the need for Robbinsville chimney inspections. Even if you only use your fireplace every so often, it’s recommended to have a professional look at all venting systems, chimneys, stove systems, and furnace flues to keep you and your family safe. Fire safety and chimney experts also recommend annual Robbinsville chimney inspections. And if you’re looking to buy or sell a home, you’ll find that Robbinsville chimney inspections are worth every penny and then some.
Robbinsville Chimney Inspections – How to Know If You Need One
- You can’t remember the last time, if ever, that your chimney was inspected.
- There’s creosote build-up on your damper or any other part of your chimney that’s at least a quarter of an inch thick.
- You open your damper and soot tumbles down.
- There’s a strong odor coming from your fireplace or chimney.
- You have just moved into a new (or new to you) house.
The 3 Levels Of Robbinsville Chimney Inspections
A professional Mercer County chimney sweep will be able to advise you about which of the three levels of inspection will be most appropriate for your chimney and venting system. Below is an explanation of the three levels and of what services your chimney sweep will provide for each level:
- Level 1 Robbinsville Chimney Inspections: The most basic type of Robbinsville chimney inspection. A Level 1 inspection is suggested if you haven’t changed anything about your appliance or the way you use it, and if you’ve been sticking to an annual sweeping schedule. A certified chimney technician will examine the readily-accessible parts of your chimney, inside and out, and will check to make sure your chimney doesn’t have any blockages or combustible deposits and that your chimney and flue are of sound structure and installed and connected correctly.
- Level 2 Robbinsville Chimney Inspections: These are the inspections that are most commonly recommended. Using Video scanning, Level 2 Robbinsville chimney inspections are required when you make any kind of change to your heating appliance. For instance, if you change your fuel type or have the chimney relined or you add a different type of appliance with a different input rating or efficiency. These are also recommended upon the sale or transfer of a property or after an operation malfunction, fire, or weather event. This inspection comprises everything in a Level 1 inspection, in addition to portions of the attics, crawl spaces, and basements. You can also count on this inspection to address proper clearances from combustibles in accessible locations.
- Level 3 Robbinsville Chimney Inspections: This is the inspection that’s recommended when serious hazards are suspected. It requires the removal of parts of the building or chimney to gain access where necessary.
Are you in Need of a Robbinsville Chimney Inspection?
If you are looking for the best Chimney Inspection Services, you’ve come to the right place! For well over 20 years, St John has been providing hundreds of satisfied homeowners with safe chimneys and cozy winters. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and most of our quality products come with a lifetime warranty. St John is an honest family owned company that takes pride in our positive reputation in the community. For a free Hopewell Chimney Inspection estimate, contact now at (609) 737-0133 or visit the website.