New Hope Chimney Inspections
A lot of bad things can happen with a faulty fireplace. Possibly the worst could be a chimney fire that can spread to the roof structure and cause major damage. New Hope chimney inspections can help prevent this among other things. Here are some things that New Hope chimney inspections can determine to ensure your safety.
What New Hope Chimney Inspections Can Help With
- There should be a cap with a screen on the chimney to prevent rain or snow from coming down the chimney and to prevent birds or other critters from nesting there.
- They will check out the condition of the bricks and mortar. It’s possible the bricks exposed to the weather need to be reset or the mortar needs repointing.
- They will check out the flue liner and note excessive creosote buildup or cracked flue tiles. If the chimney hasn’t been swept recently they will recommend that it be cleaned before laying your first fire of the season. The leading cause of fires from wood-burning fireplaces, inserts or wood stoves is partially burned fuel deposited on the walls of the chimney flue.
- If the fireplace has glass doors, the chimney sweep will inspect the gasket material around the door opening. Defective gaskets should be replaced to ensure proper operation of the fireplace. This is especially important if you have an insert or a wood stove, which are meant to be airtight. If an airtight appliance is operated without these gaskets effectively sealing the openings, excess air can leak into the firebox creating an over fire condition, which may permanently damage the appliance.
- As part of the service the sweep should clean the blower if your fireplace is equipped with one. These blowers do not have a filtering system to prevent the buildup of dust and hair on the blower. Excessive dirt will shorten the life of the blower and may be a fire hazard.
- New Hope chimney inspections can reveal broken or deteriorated brick lining in the firebox. Replacement of the damaged bricks may or may not be necessary depending on the severity.
Looking to Schedule New Hope Chimney Inspections?
St. John Chimney Sweeps has been servicing the Ewing area. We take pride in our efficient no-mess services and customer satisfaction is always guaranteed. If you are looking for quality that cannot be surpassed, contact St John Chimney Sweeps today. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG). We look forward to working with you. Call now for a free estimate at: (609) 737-0133 or visit our website.
Walk in Tubs |Walk in Bathtubs