There are several dangers involved in neglecting to get Trenton chimney sweeping service. The main function of a chimney is to provide an outlet for the smoke and gases produced in the fireplace or wood stove. Not getting regular Trenton chimney sweeping service it can lead to a host of problems. Because of this, you should be aware of these problems and preventive measures that can be taken to avoid these situations. Annual Trenton chimney sweeping service should help keep such problems at bay. Let’s go over the main dangers of not properly maintaining your chimney.
Dangers of Neglecting to Get Trenton Chimney Sweeping Service
- Fire: Fire is one of the common dangers of a blocked chimney. This is because creosote is highly flammable and can burn slowly giving you no indication of what is going on. Sometimes the fire can cause a loud explosion and lead to flames shooting out of the chimney. If either of these happens then you should immediately contact the fire department. Attempting to handle the fire on your own might result in a bad situation turning worse.
- Carbon Monoxide: This is a life-threatening danger of blocked chimneys and can could catch you and your family off guard. It is estimated that hundreds of deaths occur every year due to carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States. The characteristics of carbon monoxide gas are that it is invisible, odorless, and tasteless. It is produced when fuel is burnt and if the chimney is blocked, this can seep into your home instead of being expelled (this gas has to go somewhere). The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include nausea, headache, shortness of breath, and vomiting. Prolonged exposure to this gas can lead to organ failure and even brain damage. Safeguards against carbon monoxide poisoning include special alarms that can detect the presence of this gas in a manner similar to that of the usual smoke alarms.
- Toxic Fumes: Besides carbon monoxide, a variety of other toxic gases are also released into the atmosphere. If the chimney is clogged, there will be no route of escape for these fumes and they can enter inside your house. If members of your family fall ill or show signs of toxic poisoning without any probable cause, you should have your chimney inspected ASAP.
Looking for Professional Trenton Chimney Sweeping Service?
If you are looking for the best chimney sweeping service, you’ve come to the right place! For well over 20 years, St John has been providing hundreds of satisfied homeowners with safe chimneys and cozy winters. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and most of our quality products come with a lifetime warranty. St John is an honest family owned company that takes pride in our positive reputation in the community. For a free Hopewell Chimney Inspection estimate, contact now at (609) 737-0133 or visit the website.