Getting regular (once or twice a year) chimney maintenance for your Princeton NJ area home is very important for the safety of your family and the efficiency of your fireplace or wood stove. Unfortunately, it is often times overlooked. The very best person to handle your annual chimney maintenance is a professional and certified Princeton chimney sweep. Here are a few tips on how to go about hiring a chimney sweep.
Hiring a Princeton Chimney Sweep
- Choose on service: Prices should be fairly constant across the industry and you need to base your selection on the level of service offered. Search around online for multiple local Princeton chimney sweep services to get an idea of “the norm”. Don’t choose a chimney sweep solely for the cheapest price.
- Certifications matter: Always be sure that you are hiring a certified sweep. When dealing with a large company as opposed to an individual, it pays to be sure that the person performing the actual work is certified.
- Look for experience: Find out how long they have been in business and more specifically, how many years of experience the individual Princeton chimney sweep has.
- Check the BBB: Look up the company in the Better Business Bureau to be sure that there are no outstanding or unresolved claims with the company. You can get a lot of valuable information on a company by looking through the BBB.
- Liability insurance: This is perhaps the most important tip. Ask about liability insurance and be sure that the firm is covered should an accident or damage occur while they are performing the maintenance. If not, you will be responsible for any injuries on the job or damages to your home. Also be sure that any equipment they are using is up to date and will offer you the best overall clean for your hearth.
Once you have found a reputable and reliable Princeton chimney sweep, keep their contact information handy. It’s important to have the same company back each year for chimney maintenance. That way you can have a more accurate gauge of the condition your chimney and fireplace is in.
Looking for the Best Princeton Chimney Sweep?
In business for more than 15 years, St. John Chimney Sweeps is the only name you need to know for full-service chimney and fireplace sweeping and installation in the Princeton, New Jersey, area. We offer 100% customer satisfaction and a no-mess guarantee. Most products also come with a lifetime warranty. Feel free to contact us to inquire about free estimates. Our employees have undergone extensive training and earned certificates, which enable them to do your job with full expertise. We are honest and efficient, providing thorough explanations for all our work. Our licensed and insured company is also a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG). Service towns in the Mercer County NJ area include: Princeton, Pennington, Lambertville, Hopewell, Hightstown, East Windsor, West Windsor, Lawrence, Robbinsville, and many more. For more information, you can call today at (609) 737-0133 or visit the website.